BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, March 28, 2010

Only 86 noisy women

I've heard it said a couple of times in the last couple of weeks that there are 86 (licensed) midwives in our state, which is well, a drop in the bucket when it comes to the horde working to keep midwives quiet and limited.

I thought about all the births that these 86 women have attended, and how many collective babies that is that have been born. How many of those babies have grown up and are over 18? How many of these families have friends who have been exposed in a positive way to the idea of midwifery? How many of these birthing women have female friends who care about their own rights?

It seems to me that with a core of 86, that's an enormous network. I imagine all of these people standing together with T-shirts that say, I support midwifery and I VOTE!

I wonder what that number would swell to- and I wonder what the power of that could accomplish.

0 comments: